Saturday, September 5, 2015

Britain's Westend Fairytale and Wetlands. Pardon me, I meant Wasteland

London greeted me with a warm sunshine. Again it was concealing its true self. Similar to when I first arrive two years back. I went straight to my mates hotel just to drop of my bag and headed out to Westminister to see the familiar sites. For me the best hotdog in London is the stand just at Westminister Abbeys tail. While we were eating the heavy clouds started to breakout with light drizzle eventually turning into a crybaby pouring all over. It sucks because all our plans has to be cancelled and diverted into shopping spree. Yes I did get the shoes i planned for at Selfridges but. Marks and Spencer is nowhere to be found. Note to self is to research ahead of time. I taught I knew London very well as this is my third time in the city. I guess not.

Watched a musical at west end, it's one of the long running classics, Miss Saigon. Maybe it's the sheer exhaustion or the really bad weather dawning on me. But I think it's the vibe inside the theatre, warm and nourturing that quickly brought me to dreamland. To be fair I did enjoy the first half of the beginning act. The songs were familiar. But I struggled to snooze. The war scene and uprising is just to heavy to take. Yes I felt like I was in dreamland, fading away and not accomplishing anything. I was merely wishing things I planned for come into fruition. Oh well.

Felt like I wasted my time in London all for nothing. You are expensive. You are rude. You are unwelcoming. Your nothing but wasteland. Far out..

No comments: